The Secret Memorial Garden

This garden is dedicated to the memory of the five young evacuees who lost their lives when Sydney House, the building that used to stand on the site of the Sydney House car park, burnt to the ground in 1942.

Sited behind the Castle Hill building and adjecent to the Sydney House car park, the garden was built by volunteers and is open to all as a tranquil space in which to enjoy a wonderful variety of plants and herbs.

Look out for the Tradescant style Knot Garden filled with medicinal and culinary herbs, the willow 'hidey house' for younger visitors, and the mosaic and mural created by local children and artists.

Read more here

Statue in the Secret Memorial Garden

 The Secret Memorial Garden

Site by Zipfish