About the Pannier Market
Great Torrington Pannier Market was built in 1842, but by 1948 the condition of the building had deteriorated to the point that the roof had to be entirely removed. In 1999, it was completely renovated to provide twelve retail units, a cafe, and a market hall housing general and craft markets. The building is open seven days a week from 7am to 7pm. Retail unit opening and market days vary.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday: General Market
- meat, fresh local fish (Thurs. only), herbs and spices
- cakes and handmade chocolates
- plants, fresh cut flowers, bird food, tools
- craft supplies, jewellery, handmade adults' and childrens' clothing, hats
- household goods, books, collectible coins, and more....